Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Am Humbled By Your Love

My name is Camella.  The shelter... this is me when I got there.  I was scared, but I was still my pretty self.  I wonder if I will ever be pretty again?  It feels so nice to be pretty.  I only know the word because a Mommy that loves you says that to you.   Someday I will have one like that.  I was a good girl.  A princess.  Dainty.  Polite.  And I only peed on the carpet when it was raining outside.  For obvious reasons.  My brother would make fun of me for being like that.  Oh, how I love my brother.  We got separated.  It broke my heart.  Word is he's okay and waiting for me somewhere.  Oh how I yearn to see him again!


I somehow  lost my person.  Old girls don't expect to loose their person.  I don't know what I did wrong.  Just suddenly there I was, in this awful place.  I'd heard about it on the bark-vine.  But I couldn't imagine it was a real place.  It is.  I will live to tell about it.  I refuse to die before doing one good thing for dog-kind.  Loyalty and honor are our job, and to keep our person happy.  People are so lovely.  But who are the ones who invented this strange and awful place?  The shelter.  Why do they call it that?  There is no shelter there.  It nearly ruined me.  I nearly died. 




This is me now.  I spent a week in the 24/7 hospital and a lot of nice people put their money together and saved me.  It was really a lot of money, I hope I was worth it.  I loved how much they all loved me.  Everybody should know what love feels like, and I sure do now.  And when I finally cross the rainbow bridge, I will bring all the love I have collected in my little life with me.  The world becomes a nicer place when that happens.   My big self is so happy right now.   My big 4 lb self.  He-he.  

This is me at the end of my three week stay in the shelter.  I came in at 5lbs 6oz and left at 4lbs.  Death was talking to me.  Telling me all about the rainbow bridge.  About how all the doggie beds on the other side are always clean and fluffy.  And BIG!  And about how anywhere you go there are car windows with a bright and wonderful world flying by, a beautiful breeze tickling your fur.  The food is always people food, and it actually makes your teeth clean!  It sounds like a fine and wonderful place.  But I hear my brother calling.   He's in the north country with Solange.  Solange rescued us.  I can't wait to curl up in her lap and fall asleep.  Paula is fattening me up and giving me medicines to make me strong for my journey north.  I can't wait to start my new life! 

Doggedly yours,
Camella

No comments:

Post a Comment