Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Than One Boy Can Comprehend...

That was me, ID#A1225658.  Ricky for short.  Creepin' Jesus!  I'm just a rag-tag little scruff, but what is wrong with the world?  I'm a frickin' dog, here to give love to anybody who talks nice to me, maybe sniff a few butts along the way.  What'd I do wrong?   My cellmate said compassion is dead.  That people are so busy rushing around and looking into their cell phones that they didn't have time to care.  Waaaaaaa???  How can you not have time to care?  Isn't that the whole purpose of BREATHING?  What's happened to the world???


That's me now.  Yeah, kinda dumbfounded here.   I'm the philosophical sort -- happens when you're born with big eyes, more space for stuff to get in, so confusions land hard.  And boy, plenty of confusions here!  I touched the dark side, a smell y'all don't wanna know.  For 39 days I was "neutered male, cream Shih Tzu, 12 pounds, 10 years old" -- 10-years-old!!  That's like dumping your frickin' grandmother!  Why???  Wasn't I part of the family too?  


New things bring new life.  Ya gotta forget past pains and move on.  Oh, if I could tell you the quixotic feeling the smell green grass brings.  That's me with Gail.  Gail is proof that some hearts will always be heart-shaped even if all of them aren't.  She's from this far away land called San Francisco.  She saw my picture on Facebook and set out to save me.  Everything was hurting -- my eyes, my ears, my teeth, my skin.  She got me medicines, gave me a bath, combed my hair nice, kissed me on the head.  And, blessed angel, she showed me green grass.  Gail says I'm 'very adoptable'.  Don't have a clue what that means, but boy, if it involves green grass, I'm in.
Signed,
Ricky, the not-a-bit-a-French-in-me philosophe.  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment